Best Ideas for Halloween

Halloween is one of the few days of the year where it is socially acceptable to wear a costume and act like a kid again. It is fun to dress up, but it can be hard to find the perfect costume. Be sure to be unique and outgoing. A costume should help inspire confidence in the person wearing it and be fun to wear.

Here is a checklist to make when going shopping or rummaging through the closet. First, watch the best movies and shows or read an amazing book. This is great for inspiration and can give you good ideas about what you want. Second, keep the characters, animals, and professions in mind and find a way to make them come alive. Last, find the materials that would best fit. Also when shopping, set a budget. It is not the best idea to spend any more than 100 dollars on a costume that is going to be worn once.

A few couple costumes ideas are PeterPan, and Tinkerbell, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, or Wonderwoman and Superman. Some friend group ideas could be Taco Bell hot sauces, a fruit basket, Disney princes or princesses, and the Ghostbuster crew. Last if someone is going alone, a favorite food, or character.

Stores that are recommended are Party City, Target, and Walmart. These stores have good prices and several options to choose from. Stores like Walmart also provide both fabrics for the creation of costumes and costumes themselves.  When in doubt, dig through a consignment shop. 

It is best to keep the costume appropriate. Please remember that the point of Halloween is fun for all and customs should not be offensive to others who also deserve to have fun.